Proven record of accomplishment in both greater business process efficiency and increased revenues in the areas of employee communications, information and content development, marketing writing, web development, technical writing and editing, graphic design, and direct marketing.
Work Experience :: Communications and Web Content Development
3/12 - present
Senior Copywriter, Levi Strauss & Co. - San Francisco, CA
Branding Dockers clothing with compelling marketing narratives, product naming, packaging copy, and other marketing copy.
10/11 - 3/12
Communications Consultant, Kinetic Creative - Berkeley, CA
Provider of expert employee communications services in the areas of writing, editing, and intranet content development to Fortune 500 companies such as Wells Fargo.
02/09 - Present
Freelance Website and Content Designer - Oakland, CA
Designer and creator of websites for small businesses and individuals. Holistic solution provider of copy writing and editing, logo and image design, and website coding and architecture.
11/06 - 02/09
Communications Consultant, Wordwright Communications - San Francisco, CA
Planner and creator of employee communications programs that helped large companies achieve strategic business goals.
- Effectively assessed client needs through interviews and surveys.
- Developed communications programs to satisfy needs of clients through a variety of channels, such as executive email memos, intranet website development, and global company meetings.
- Supported major internal projects such as mergers and acquisitions, CEO transitions, and scalable program development.
- Worked closely with company executives — as ally to senior leadership and advocate for employees — to articulate the company mission, vision and values to the employee base.
- Wrote intranet website news articles.
07/06 - 12/06
Web Content Developer, Party America, Inc. - Alameda, CA
Writer and designer of creative web content, email newsletters, special offers, and product descriptions for optimizing sales conversions and web presence (temporary contract).
- Developed consistent, creative voice for web presence.
- Produced and distributed weekly email newsletter.
- Researched and created engaging content for theme party planning.
- Wrote accurate and engaging product descriptions.
- Edited web content for SEO.
- Designed clean and effective web page layouts.
- Created and edited web graphics.
10/98 - 11/01
Technical Writer and Information Developer, Sun Microsystems - Palo Alto, CA
Provided World Wide IT organization with critical news items, process documentation, and systems updates. Project: WorldWide Application Support (WWAS) Web Migration – transferred over 40,000 intranet web page files to new servers, creating a new system of WWAS community websites and Sun web publishing standards.
- Wrote and edited WWAS website news articles.
- Published critical business systems information on WWAS website.
- Worked closely with IT teams to create WWAS technical process documents.
- Created and maintained IT internal websites.
- Implemented SunPublish, a web community publishing tool for Sun standards.
- Created online instructional documentation for SunPublish users.
- Provided effective training and education to SunPublish users.
- Awarded stock option bonus for exceptional performance.
Work Experience :: Marketing
06/02 - 08/03
Sales and Marketing Manager, ProcurePoint, Inc. - Sausalito, CA
Developed and implemented a marketing program that was 600% more successful than any of three previous attempts made prior to my hiring for a premium, online brochure for hotels worldwide.
- Created online and hardcopy marketing communications and collateral.
- Developed tactical and conceptual marketing strategies and program logistics.
Work Experience :: Sales
10/04 - 03/06
National Account Executive, pointandship, Inc. - Emeryville, CA
Sold a web-based expense management solution for corporate shipping to large companies. Closed business with the largest account of 2005 (Mervyn's, Inc.) and other key accounts, including UTi Worldwide and CNET.
- Developed key language to optimize company branding and sales messaging.
- Developed and managed sales training materials, case studies, proposals, and collateral.
09/03 - 10/04
Senior Account Executive, EyeCron, Inc. - Oakland, CA
Sold an online, rich-media communications tool. Secured contracts with 100% of EyeCron's then active Fortune 1000 clients, including New York Life, Textron and Aon.
Additional Writing Experience
AP Style Guide, Gregg Reference Manual, extensive academic writing for B.A. and M.F.A. degrees, blogging
HTML, CSS, Dreamweaver, Flash, SEO, Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Windows, Mac OS
M.F.A., San Francisco State University
B.A. Art, Reed College